John Grisham was born on February 8, 1955, Jonesboro, Arkansas. He worked as a lawyer and a legislator in Mississippi before he ventured into the writing of very famous novels, which have turned into films. Grisham has had an array of titles including The Legislator and Bleachers, and also in screenwriting, as seen with 2003 Mickey film baseball.
Grisham is the second born of a family of five children. His father was a worker at a construction company and a cotton farmer all together, while his mother was a housewife. At the age of five years, his father moved and settled in Southaven, Mississippi. He was a Christian and he really liked playing baseball as a young player. After leaving the school of law he demonstrated great faith and strong affiliation he had in Christianity by joining a missionary work in Brazil, under the Baptist church of Oxford.
John Grisham went to Northwest Mississippi community college in Senatobia, and later he went to Delta State University in Cleveland. He drifted so much during education and changed colleges for three times before he completed degree course. He received a BS degree in accounting from Mississippi State University in 1977. John Grisham later went to the University of Mississippi where he studied law and graduated in 1981.
He practiced law for more than ten years and he became the Mississippi House of Representatives after winning democrat elections from 1983 to 1990. He quitted law after his second book, The Firm made a success before returning for a while in the year 1996. His return was commitment honor before retiring from law to become a full-time writer. His books are inspired by what he was practicing as a lawyer and he continues to say that if he was not a lawyer he could not have managed to write anything.
John Grisham Writing Awards
- 2005Peggy V. Helm Erich Distinguished Author Award
- 2011 The inauguralHarper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction for The Confession
- 2014Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction for Sycamore Row
John Grisham Novels
- ü A Time to Kill (1989)ü The Pelican Brief (1992)ü The Chamber (1994)ü The Runaway Jury (1996)ü The Street Lawyer (1998)ü The Brethren (2000)ü Skipping Christmas (2001)ü The King of Torts (2003)ü The Last Juror (2004)ü Playing for Pizza (2007)ü The Associate (2009)ü Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer (2010)ü Theodore Boone: The Abduction (2011)ü The Racketeer (2012)ü Sycamore Row (2013)ü Gray Mountain (2014)ü Rogue Lawyer (2015)ü The Whistler (2016)ü The Rooster Bar (2017)
- ü Camino Island (June 2017)
- ü Theodore Boone: The Scandal (2016)
- ü Theodore Boone: The Fugitive (2015)
- ü Theodore Boone: The Activist (2013)
- ü Theodore Boone: The Accused (2012)
- ü Calico Joe (2012)
- ü The Litigators (2011)
- ü The Confession (2010)
- ü The Appeal (2008)
- ü The Broker (2005)
- ü Bleachers (2003)
- ü The Summons (2002)
- ü A Painted House (2001)
- ü The Testament (1999)
- ü The Partner (1997)
- ü The Rainmaker (1995)
- ü The Client (1993)
- ü The Firm (1991)